Werribee River Biolink Action Plan
LeadWest is managing a project that aims to provide a long-term plan for the Werribee River as a regional biolink.
Working with a range of stakeholders, we have investigated the nature of aquatic, riparian and terrestrial corridors required for a regional biolink.
We have then developed the Werribee River Action Plan, a document setting out the physical works required to meet priorities for connectivity along the corridor.
The Werribee River Action Plan addresses the Wyndham, Melton and Moorabool planning schemes and planning tools. It also recommends appropriate tools for encouraging land management practices to achieve the vision for the Werribee River.
Key stakeholders consulted on this project include:
- Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and Arts
- Department of Primary Industries
- Department of Sustainability & Environment
- Department of Transport
- Growth Areas Authority
- Grow West
- Landholders (private and corporate)
- Local Landcare and 'Friends of' groups
- Managers of public land alongside the Werribee River
- Melbourne Water
- Melton Shire Council
- Moorabool Shire Council
- Parks Victoria
- Port Phillip & Westernport Catchment Management Authority
- Regional Rail Link Authority
- Southern Rural Water
- Werribee River Association
- Western Water
- Wyndham City Council
If you would like to discuss this project with LeadWest, please contact us.
|Oct 11, 2012||Werribee River Biolink Action Plan - Volume 1 [Final]||4.35 MB|
|Oct 11, 2012||Werribee River Biolink Action Plan - Volume 2 [Final]||4.31 MB|
|Aug 27, 2012||Werribee River Biolink Action Plan - Volume 1 [Draft]||4.24 MB|
|Aug 27, 2012||Werribee River Biolink Action Plan - Volume 2 [Draft]||3.73 MB|