"Regional leadership is vital... the key to successful development of a region is to have all of the key players working together in order for the region to have a united view of its strengths and opportunities, and to develop a common vision and plan of action."
Regional Leadership is the enduring golden thread that connects the dots to a sustainable future. It binds our focus on the needs of our region today and the ambition of our communities to work together, creating a better future here in Melbourne’s west.
LeadWest is the principal regional representative organisation for Melbourne’s west.
The objective of LeadWest is to foster and undertake actions that will support sustainable growth and development of the region.
LeadWest will build on the existing social, economic and environmental capacity of the region. LeadWest will plan and create a sustainable future for the wellbeing of all of the regional communities it represents.
This will be achieved through:
- Leadership: Providing leadership (at both organisational and political levels) within the region by identifying issues and taking relevant and appropriate actions in relation to those issues that are of key importance to the well-being and future of the region and its people and who represent the fabric of our society.
- Planning: Development and regular review of a regional strategic plan that sets out strategies, objectives and actions.
- Coordination and integration of regional planning to minimise duplication and overlap of initiatives and programs.
- Advocacy on behalf of the region to secure funding and influence planning and policy decisions.
- Promoting and marketing of regional issues and initiatives.
- Implementation of regional plans and projects.
- Performance measurement: Setting and monitoring of regional performance indicators, targets and actions.
- Research: Promotion and commissioning of research on the region.
- Reporting to the regional stakeholders and members.
Our Values and Principles
Everything LeadWest does will be underpinned by these values and principles:
- Sustainability: LeadWest will foster regional development in the broadest sense, focusing on a triple bottom line approach to the region’s development.
- Community engagement: The diversity of needs and individual differences between communities in the region will be respected.
- Community wellbeing and capability: Outcomes will be sought that add to the overall wellbeing and capability of the regional community.
- Communication: LeadWest will foster open communication to ensure clear understanding, coordination, alignment of purpose and outcomes of goals as stated in the Western Agenda.
- Building partnerships: A key driver of LeadWest is building relationships with stakeholders to enhance collaborative and coordinated regional planning.
- Efficiencies: LeadWest will ensure an efficient and effective approach to the utilisation of regional funds through avoidance of overlaps and duplications between existing bodies.
|Feb 18, 2013||Western Agenda 2012-2016 Part 1||5.39 MB|
|Feb 18, 2013||Western Agenda 2012-2016 Part 2||8.14 MB|