Transport, Postal & Warehousing
Businesses in the Transport, Postal and Warehousing sector choose Melbourne’s west because the region is strategically located close to Melbourne’s CBD, the Port of Melbourne, Melbourne Airport at Tullamarine, Essendon Airport and Avalon Airport, and the major regional centres of Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong. Almost all of Melbourne’s interstate rail and road transport connections run through or are adjacent to Melbourne's west.
At the 2011 Census there were 18,149 jobs in the region's Transport, Postal and Warehousing sector.
Companies with a significant presence in the region include:
- FBT Transwest based at Tottenham
- Freestone's Transport based at Tullarmarine
- Kagan based in Laverton North
- Linfox based at Essendon Fields
- Murphy Transport Solutions based at Yarraville
- Scotts Transport with locations in Laverton North and Sunshine
- Silk Logistics Group based in Derrimut
- Toll Group with sites throughout Melbourne's west
Investors seeking opportunities in Melbourne's west can contact the economic development units of local governments in Melbourne's west: