Mental Health Services
Mercy Health provides mental health services through:
- Burnside Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC)
- Werribee Mercy Hospital, which has the Werribee Mercy Psychiatric Unit providing a 25 bed, plus 4 short stay bed, acute inpatient facility. The catchment area for this service includes Wyndham, Hobson’s Bay and Maribyrnong, catering for persons within 16-65 years of age.
- Mercy Mental Health Mother Baby Unit, which provides perinatal mental health services to women, together with their infants up to 12 months in age, in Melbourne's west and in western rural shires of Loddon Campaspe, Loddon Mallee, Glenelg, Barwon and Grampians.
- Mercy Mental Health’s Mobile Services team, which meets the needs of people who have potential for rehabilitation and improvement of functioning with the tasks of adult daily living, but have complex needs (such as issues with alcohol and other drugs, financial issues, physical, social, legal, etc), have treatment resistant symptoms, are prone to rapid relapse, have difficulty adhering to treatment and are socially isolated.
- Mercy Mental Health Community Treatment Program, which provides treatment and rehabilitation services to people with a serious psychiatric illness who reside in the Cities of Maribyrnong, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham. The service operates two clinics. Saltwater Clinic is located in Footscray and services the Cities of Maribyrnong, Hobsons Bay. Wyndham Clinic is located in Hoppers Crossing and services the City of Wyndham.
- Mercy Mental Health Community Care Units, which is a residential recovery and rehabilitation service of Mercy Mental Health set in tranquil gardens near the Werribee river. The service is staffed on a 24 hour basis by a multidisciplinary team including psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, doctors and psychiatrists. The facility provides treatment for 20 clients and is made up of small houses, some of which are shared and some individual.
- Mercy Mental Health Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT team), which provides acute short term treatment and advice to clients within the catchments areas that are in psychiatric crisis. They also assess clients for suitability for admission to hospital. CATT can be contacted through triage on 1300 657 259. Visits and assessments usually occur at home. On some occasions, review can occur at the Wyndham or Saltwater clinics.
NorthWestern Mental Health is the mental health arm of Melbourne Health. It provides comprehensive hospital-based, community and specialist services to youth, adults and aged people across northern and western Melbourne.
Orygen Youth Health is a mental health service for young people who live in Melbourne's west. It is part of NorthWestern Mental Health.