Learn Local organisations across Victoria offer a range of education and training programs designed to meet your learning needs. There’s a government registered Learn Local in your community that can help you return to study, improve your reading, writing and maths skills, gain a qualification, get a job or learn something new.
Learn Locals are friendly and welcoming, with qualified teachers who are focussed on helping you succeed.
There are many learn local organisations serving the communities of Melbourne's west from locations within the region.
You can find information on all Learn Local organisations at learnlocal.org.au, the website for Learn Local in Australia.
- AMES Australia, located in Melbourne's west, delivers a wide range of English courses and training courses for new and recently arrived refugees and migrants settling in Victoria.
- Angliss Neighbourhood House, located in Footscray, delivers adult, community and further education programs and vocational training.
- Australian Croatian Community Services, located in Melbourne's west, delivers education programs for the local Croation community.
- Community West Vic, located in Melbourne's west, delivers adult education programs in Brimbank, Melton and Bacchus Marsh.
Duke Street Community House, located in Sunshine, delivers local, high quality, low cost programs and services to the local community, along with a range of educational courses.
- Farnham Street Neighbourhood Learning Centre, located in Flemington, delivers education programs for the local community in Moonee Valley
- Footscray Community Arts Centre, located in Footscray, delivers creative initiatives with artist and community-led projects, including conferences, forums and workshops. Their focus communities include people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, Indigenous communities, disadvantaged and marginalised communities, and people with disabilities.
- Gateway Community Services, located in South Kingsville, delivers programs and services that support and enrich the community, including adult education.
Laverton Community Integrated Services Inc, located at the Laverton Community Hub, offers education to the local community.
- Migrant Resource Centre, located in St. Albans, delivers Literacy and Numeracy courses for migrants, refugees and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community members.
- New Hope Foundation, located in Melbourne's west, provides education and training opportunities for migrants, refugees , and Culturally and Liguisitcally Diverse (CALD) community members.
Outlets Co-Ooperative Neighbourhood House, located in Newport, delivers programs to community members looking for new interests, preparing for further or higher education.
South Kingsville Community Centre, located in South Kingsville, delivers programs to community members.
- UNITED, located in Maidstone, supports Spanish-speaking individuals and families, and provides education and interpretation assistance.
- Westgate Community Initiatives Group, located in Melbourne's west works with people who experience barriers to employment, delivering training from Certificate I to Certificate IV.
- Wingate Avenue Community Centre, located in Ascot Vale, provides education, community services, social and recreation short courses for people living in Ascot Vale and Flemington.
- Yarraville Community Centre, located in Yarraville, offers courses including; english, computer, music, and languages to the local community.
Yooralla, located in St Albans, delivers programs in Melbourne's west to assist people living with disability to access education.
- Youth Now, located in Sunshine, specialises in career and transition services for young people. Established in 1997, Youth Now has been providing experitise to businesses, schools, young people and community groups for 18 years. Youth Now won the 'Excellence in Creating Local Solutions' award at the 2015 Victorian Learn Local Awards.