Become a Member
LeadWest Ltd is constituted as a not for profit company limited by guarantee without share capital.
A company limited by guarantee is a specialised form of public company designed for non-profit organisations. It uses a company structure with ‘directors’, but has ‘members’ instead of ‘shareholders’.
Any organisation whose operations or interests are based in Melbourne's west may apply to become a member of LeadWest Ltd.
An individual cannot become a member of LeadWest Ltd.
Benefits for Members
- Opportunity to influence strategies for the sustainable development of Melbourne's west
- Opportunity to stand for election to LeadWest's Board
- Opportunity to address LeadWest's Board and/or broader membership
- Opportunity to participate in LeadWest's delegations to the Australian Government and Victorian Government
- Opportunity to attend briefings by leaders from government and business
- Opportunity to attend regional networking events
- Opportunity to participate in a special interest committee
- Opportunity to provide input to strategic plans
- Promotion via LeadWest's website, social media, annual reports and other documents
- Opportunity to host LeadWest's events
- Opportunity to deliver presentations at LeadWest's events
- Opportunity to display promotional material at LeadWest's events
- Receive regular communication on regional matters
- Receive copies of regional strategies, plans, reports, and submissions
Additional Benefits for Member Councils
All of the benefits listed above, plus –
- 10 votes at meetings of members, such as the Annual General Meeting or any Special General Meeting
- 2 positions on LeadWest's Board, one for the council's CEO and the other any councillor nominated by the council
|Sep 25, 2014||Application for Membership of LeadWest Ltd||166.34 KB|
|Sep 25, 2014||LeadWest Membership Enquiry Form||198.3 KB|
|Sep 25, 2014||Consent to become a Member (Council)||349.97 KB|
|Sep 25, 2014||Consent to become a Member (Non-Council)||348.18 KB|