Western Melbourne Tourism
Western Melbourne Tourism Inc (WMT) is the regional tourism development organisation for Melbourne's west. It is funded by the local governments of Melbourne's west and managed by a Board comprising respresentatives from industry and the region's six local governments.
The overarching goal of WMT is to raise the profile of Melbourne's west and establish our region as an essential element of the Melbourne visitor experience. There is a defined role for WMT as the brand and image 'curator' for Melbourne's west, ensuring the region increases in prominence with those who may invest, work, live or recreate in Melbourne's west.
As the regional tourism organisation, WMT provides the following services on behalf of the region:
- Coordinating the region's brand and image, and drive an agenda to greatly enhance brand credibility and community perceptions of Melbourne's west.
- Facilitating opportunities for the regional tourism industry to participate in collaborative marketing activities and campaigns.
- Delivering a coordinated, sustained regional public relations program to greatly increase positive media coverage, and ensure key regional messages cut through with media and also focusing on supporting individual stakeholders communications.
- Building a regional tourism partnership between local government, the tourism sector and key regional stakeholders.
- Undertaking coordinated advocacy for Melbourne's west on key tourism issues and opportunities.
- Managing regional relationships with Destination Melbourne and Tourism Victoria to ensure Melbourne's west is front of mind for these organisations.
- Coordinating and facilitating professional and industry development programs for the regional tourism industry and local government personnel.
- Leading programs to engender increased civic pride.
- Being accessible to senior executives within the local governments and other stakeholders for strategic tourism advice and consultation.
Western Melbourne Tourism Inc. can be contacted by telephone on +613 9317 5794 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org